The Mesozoic Times is a space where prehistoric life meets philately by presenting items from my personal collection. The intent is to show individual pieces with short descriptions, explaining their philatelic significance or other interesting aspects.
Prehistoric life forms are the main thrust along with extinct or imaginary (cryptozoology) animals (from all ages – not only the Mesozoic). Other areas may include associated persons, events, locations, museums, etc.
The name The Mesozoic Times is akin to a newspaper name and has been used since the late 1980s.
We may be contacted via email at fran.adams at gmail dot com.
Items are posted at our leisure, there is no schedule.
Commenting on items is encouraged. To keep the system operating most efficiently, a valid email address is required. Comments will be reviewed prior to publishing and those not complying with the following points will be deleted.
- Please stay on topic.
- Contribute your knowledge and suggestions as you’re able.
- Remain civil – derogatory references will be deleted.
- Comments promoting product sales or services will be deleted.
- By commenting you accept these terms.
All images of postage stamps and postal materials presented on this web site are copyright of their respective issuing authorities (as named in the designs).
Names and logos of organizations referenced are copyrighted and may be registered trademarks. Additional organization names and logos may be registered and/or trademarked and all are hereby acknowledged.
Materials and data, including without limitation, design, text, graphics, and files, collectively known as ‘content’, are protected by fran adams, and/or contributors as named in their contributions, with all rights reserved internationally.
You may print portions of this web site for the sole purpose of informational (as provided for in the “fair-use doctrine” Section 110  of the Copyright Act of 1976, and 17 USCS Sect. 107) and non-commercial, personal use only, provided all copyright or proprietary notices remain intact. All other use, including any commercial use, reproduction for purposes other than described above, modification, distribution, re-publication, display, or performance, digital or otherwise, without the prior written permission of fran adams is strictly prohibited.
Articles on this web site are presented through the courtesy of and with permission from the respective owner(s), and/or organization(s) as appropriate. Material belonging to other collectors is designated with an asterisk and textual acknowledgement.
Contributors include: Lester C. Lanphear III.
The background sidebar image used is small section of an original painting Chicxulub Impact by Donald E. Davis and depicts an asteroid slamming into tropical, shallow seas of the sulfur-rich Yucatan Peninsula in what is today southeast Mexico. The image is in the public domain as it was created solely by NASA.
This web site is housed dynamically on a web server connected to the internet. This server collects generic information (number of visitors, pages visited, etc.). Registration is required only if the user desires to post messages and registration information is not sold, rented or given to any entity.
Materials presented (letters or envelopes) may be addressed. Such addresses were released to the public domain when the material was sold or otherwise distributed into collecting channels, regardless of the age of the material or when distribution occurred.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) addresses collection of personal information from children under the age of 13. This web site collects no information from children or adults and we are fully COPPA compliant. We strive to make the content acceptable and educational for children of all ages (6 to 66).
This web site has no formal affiliation with any public or private organization or corporation.
This web site allows “Links” from any public web page to our web site, provided the linked page does not appear within a frame which prevents visitors from bookmarking the web page. Links to external web sites, open in new browser windows. We do not control content or links of external web sites. We initially review linked external web sites to minimize unacceptable material.
- This web site is distributed on an “as is” basis, risk as to quality and performance lies with the user.
- No warranty, express or implied, is made with respect to any information or products offered on these or subsequent pages.
- The web site administrator, and/or contributors specifically disclaim any implied warranties, with respect to the merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of the information contained on this site.
- Users assume and accept all costs, damage, errors or consequences arising from use of this site, and agree to bear the entire cost of any necessary servicing, repair, correction or charge related thereto.
- The web site administrator, and/or contributors may not be held liable for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential costs or damages resulting from the use of this site or any link thereto, including but not limited to special, incidental, consequential or other damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
1988 © fran adams